- Updated On:
- May 9, 2023
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 200.30 m2
- Year Built: 1970
ORCHARD LODGE, LONGTOWN DEMESNE, SALLINS,
CO. KILDARE. W91K0E2.
As you approach the property, you will be immediately struck by its magnificent facade, featuring ornate architectural details and period features. The entrance hall sets the tone for the rest of the house, with high ceilings and a very special feel as one feet glades over the door saddle of the front door.
To the left there is a stunning dining area that overlooks the side garden with an original large brick fireplace. The elegant dining room is perfect for hosting dinner parties, with ample space for a large table and chairs. To the right is a large living room or a home office. This is the original part of the house. The back of this property has been extended and the large family kitchen and sitting room are located here. The kitchen is fully equipped with modern appliances and there is a French double door that leads to a decked area and this area overlooks a large green field with stunning views. This is a heavenly spot for a morning coffee or casual dining.
The spacious and inviting sitting room is the perfect space for entertaining or relaxing, with a beautiful wood burning stove as the centerpiece and large windows and with French double doors which allow natural light to flood the room.
The bedrooms are generously sized, each boasting its own unique character and charm. The master bedroom is particularly impressive, featuring a walk-in wardrobe and breath-taking scenes of the rolling plains of Co. Kildare. The bathroom has been tastefully updated.
Outside, the property features a beautifully landscaped garden with mature trees, shrubs, and flowering plants. The garden offers plenty of space for outdoor dining and relaxation, with a decked area perfect for summer barbecues. To the side and part of the property is a large double garage for up to two vehicles. This area could also be converted to more living accommodation if desired subject of course to the relevant planning permission. There is also a large driveway for ample parking.
This period home is situated in a highly sought-after location in Sallins in Co. Kildare, offering easy access to a range of local amenities, including shops, restaurants, and recreational facilities. The property is also within easy reach of Sallins, Clane, Straffan, Naas, Celbridge as well as Dublin city center and other major urban centers, making it an ideal choice for commuters. The M50 is only a 30-minute drive on the M7 motorway. Dublin airport is only a 40-minute drive, connecting this home to the gateway of Europe and the rest of the world.
Overall, this stunning period home in Kildare is a rare find, offering the perfect blend of elegance, character, and modern convenience, and is sure to impress even the most discerning buyer.
Don’t miss this opportunity to acquire a stunning home in a hugely accessible and sought-after area.
DON’T MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY TO VIEW THIS INCREDIBLE HOME
INTEREST IS SURE TO BE STRONG.
CALL US TODAY TO ARRANGE A VIEWING ALONG WITH YOUR PROOF OF FUNDING
● All curtain & carpets included in the sale
● All blinds included in sale
● All light fittings included in sale
● All kitchen appliances included in the sale as listed under the kitchen section
● Property boasts lots of excellent potential
● Beautifully designed home
● Extension built to the rear with an extended kitchen and sitting room
● Large wood burning stove in the sitting room
● Large condenser zoned boiler system
● Large double drive-in garage
● Beautifully apportioned bedrooms
FEATURES EXTERNAL & GARDENS:
● Double glazed windows and doors
● Front and rear not overlooked
● Wooden side gates
● Garden tap
● Private south facing back garden
● Decked area to the rear
● Outside lights
● House situated on c. 0.6 acre.
● South facing beautiful garden.
● Stunning views of the River Liffey valley and Wicklow mountains.
● Located on the L2004 Millicent Road, W91K0E2.
● Located 1.5 km from Clane village and close to shops, bars and restaurants.
● Part of the parish of Clane for access to local primary and secondary schools.
● Located 700m from Millicent Golf club with championship course.
● 5 km from Sallins train station, regular train service to Heuston station Dublin.
● 1km from Grand canal walkway.
● Nearby to Punchestown, Naas and Curragh horse racecourses.
● Oil fired Grant condensing boiler central heating with zoned system.
● Large driveway with ample off-road car parking.
● The current owners’ parents purchased the house in 1985.
● The original house was built C.1900 and consisted of the dining room and front room office room plus the two large bedrooms above and including the porch area.
● In C.1975 the garage, downstairs bathroom area, boiler house, utility room, galley style kitchen at back, large back bedroom, front bedroom, upstairs bathroom, hall stairs and landing were built.
● In 2008 the owners extended and removed the old galley style kitchen to create new living and kitchen area. Modernized porch area and upgraded the electrics. Also upgraded to double glazed PVC windows and doors throughout.
● In 2015 internal 80mm insulation was placed in large back bedroom and front bedroom and modernized and upgraded downstairs bathroom. Upgraded central heating system to Grant condensing boiler and replaced all radiators and pipe work.
This property is offered for sale by unconditional auction in partnership with iamsold. The successful bidder is required to pay a 10% deposit and contracts are signed immediately on acceptance of a bid. Please note this property is subject to an undisclosed reserve price. Terms and conditions apply to this sale.
DOWNSTAIRS ACCOMMODATION: Light fitting, cream porcelain tiles.
Light fitting, wooden floor in the hallway, carpet on stairwell, storage under the stairs, alarm keypad, fuse box, phone point, access to the double garage.
Recessed lights, fitted kitchen shaker style with high quality wall and base units, double oven, gas hob, extractor fan, blinds, French double door leading to the rear garden area, cream polished porcelain tiles on the floor.
Light fitting, original feature open fireplace, blinds, wooden floor, spiral staircase leading.
Light fitting, cast iron wood burning stove, wooden floor, French double door leading to garden, double door leading to kitchen area TV point.
PLAYROOM/OFFICE: Light fitting, fireplace, wooden floor.
Plumbed for washing machine.
Light fitting, W.C., W.H.B., walk in wet area, electric “Triton Safe Guard Thermostatic” shower, wall and floor tiles.
UPSTAIRS ACCOMMODATION: Light fitting, Velux window, access to attic, hot press with immersion and shelving, carpet.
Light fitting, curtains, walk-in wardrobe, Velux window in the wardrobe, carpet.
Light fitting, blinds, carpet.
Light fitting, built-in storage, carpet.
Light fitting, curtains, carpet, small little dressing room area (2.39M X 1.22M).
Light fitting, shaving light and socket, W.C., W.H.B., bath, electric “Triton T90i” shower, wall and floor tiles.
Energy Performance: 238.13 kWh/m2 per year