SELL YOUR HOME
GET A FAST SALE AT THE BEST PRICE WITH TEAM LORRAINE MULLIGAN.
Putting a Value on Your Property – Market Appraisal
The first step and undoubtedly the most crucial part for achieving the highest return when selling your property is to determine and establish the correct listing price.
You want your property with a listing price that’s not too low or too high, but just right. When a property is priced too low, you will not maximize your profit, however, you should also not overprice it from the start as this can potentially put a huge number of genuine purchasers off, who will not even do a viewing because it’s not in their price range.
There are many factors that go into establishing the selling price of your home
- Location – The actual area where your home is situated in, is one of the foremost contributing factors in its pricing. Close proximity to town centres, public transports, schools and amenities like sports facilities, health clubs, parks, shopping centres or upmarket shops and restaurants for example, may affect its final selling price. Also, properties with a great view or that are close to water tend to achieve a bit more.
- Condition – A well-maintained, decluttered and clean home will sell quicker and at a higher price than one with much-needed outstanding repairs. Also, any improvements that you might have made to your property, be it a new roof or a renovated bathroom will raise its value, especially if they have been done to a high-spec standard.
- Potential – The simple fact that a property has the potential to be extended or whether it will be possible to later convert the loft into an extra bedroom can help raise its selling price. The same goes if there are proven evidences that sought-after amenities are being or will be built nearby in the near future.
Pricing Your Home to Sell
We take selling property extremely seriously and we always try to obtain the best possible price for you, so let us guide you from here and give you our expertise with regards to your starting price point.
We will review your property comprehensively regarding the factors described above and also prepare a detailed Comparative Market Analysis by checking the final sale price of recently sold nearby properties that are close to yours in terms of size and features, and the listing price of similar ones that are currently on the market.
This will give us an indication of its current market value and what the initial asking price should be. One based on numbers and facts, that not only realistically reflects just what your property is worth, but also maximises the amount you can attain for it.
Agreeing on the Plan-of-action and Creating a Customized Marketing Plan
After the initial selling price is set, we will offer you an expert consultation and give you some useful recommendations on preparing your property for sale. We will also ensure all aspects of the sale process and your overall marketing strategy is agreed before going to market.
Your Customised Marketing Plan
Real estate marketing has evolved immensely over the last several years. Only with a unique and dedicated marketing plan will you be able to set apart your property from the many others that are also for sale in your market, drawing in potential buyers and consequently making a great sale.
This is where we come in. This is the power of our explosive marketing that we can do for your home. We do this through utilizing the most powerful property websites, our expertise on social media, our massive Buyer Database and our powerful technology and software that we have at our fingertips. NOBODY markets your property as well as we do. Our marketing channels gets your home noticed first and drives more viewings which lead to more offers and more offers lead to more money for your property. It is all just so exciting, and we love making our clients happy!
Preparing Your Home for the Market
The next step in selling your property is to prepare it for showings. Presentation is key with regards to obtaining the highest possible price for your home, and it’s crucial to create the best first impression for any buyer.
Before marketing your property, you should take the time to ensure it is as appealing as possible to potential buyers. And we are not talking about major projects, such as expensive kitchen or bathroom renovations, there are also many low-cost improvements you can do to make the most of what your home has to offer, that can still make a huge difference to ‘first impressions’.
This is all about presenting your home for sale in the best possible light. Remember when you place your property on the market place you will be competing against other properties for sale. We are in the middle of a price war, and a beauty contest and buyers will always buy the best priced and presented home first.
The minimum investment for maximum return.
The aim here is valuing the real estate product. It’s putting the house on stage and creating the ideal setting for marketing.
Listed below are some tips that may assist you in this task:
Exterior – The exterior of your house and the front garden (if you have one) are the first things potential buyers will see when they arrive at your property for a showing, so first you should take a careful and objective look at your property’s curb appeal and make the necessary adjustments if needed like:
- Clean and repaint any exterior surface of the house that looks more worn-out than the rest, including the front door (if needed);
- Pressure clean driveways and paving to remove any dirt, oil stains, etc.
- Repair and paint (if necessary) gates or fencing;
- Trim shrubs and hedges and mow the lawn;
- Plant seasonal colourful plants and add fresh mulch to the garden beds;
Interior – It is critical that your property is clean, fresh, decluttered, neutral and bright for sale so that people who are looking for a home can visualize the space and imagine themselves living there. To achieve this, you should:
- Do a thorough cleaning of all areas of the house giving special attention to the bathroom/s and kitchen;
- De-clutter by sorting and removing all excess items that take away from your home’s best features;
- Depersonalise – You want to create a space that is decorated more neutrally, without personal possessions, to allow potential buyers the opportunity to envision the space with their own things;
- If painting is necessary, choose sophisticated neutral tones as potential buyers will have their own ideas regarding colour choice;
- Rearrange your furniture and remove the larger pieces that might make the room feel and look smaller than it really is;
- Have floors and carpets professionally cleaned to remove any stains and odours, especially if you have pets;
- Use only perfect decorative accents.
By following these few simple home staging tips, you will be amazed at the price you will receive for your property. Putting the effort in is so worthwhile. Remember we never get a second chance at making the first impression.
We can offer you our “Home Staging Expertise” by visiting your property.
Going Sale Agreed, Exchanging Contracts and Closing
One of the most important aspects of the selling process is the negotiation of the actual sale. We will look for the best price and the best conditions from someone who is interested in buying the property.
Once a buyer expresses an interest in your property and makes an offer, we will be able to advise you on whether the offer is good or whether there might be some room to negotiate, which often means one or more counteroffers.
We will use our market knowledge and negotiations skills to get to the final highest price that the buyer is willing and is able to pay, guiding you toward arriving at a price that both you and the buyer are happy and agree upon. When and if a final agreement is reached and you have accepted an offer, your property will then go sale agreed.
Exchanging Contracts and Closing
Once the terms have been agreed upon by both parties, the buyer must make an entry when signing the contract of purchase and sale, and copies of the contract are given to the lawyers or solicitors of both signatories. All parties are informed of the progress of the contract.
On your behalf, we will do our best to ensure that this final stage is handled with minimum disruption.
When the property is finally sold, all parties will confirm that the sale has been completed so that the key can be given to the new owner, finalizing this way the whole process.